We believe that if we can make an impact on the lives of the children in our community, it will have long-lasting effects in the whole community. As a result, we have adopted Manchester Elementary, with the goal of encouraging both the teachers and the students. We are involved in doing things such as:
- Every month, we pick up food for 60 Backpacks at the Food Bank, bag them up, and carry them to Manchester and Lillian Black Elementary Schools to be distributed to needy children.
- At the beginning of the school year, we provide an abundance of school supplies for the students and teachers.
- We prepare gift bags for the teachers along with a hand-written note of appreciation.
- We assist them in their collection of Box Tops For Education.
- We occasionally provide snacks for staff meetings.
- We provide food and volunteers for student activities.
- We read to students in a couple of the classes.
- We participate in a “greet the students” project that the school initiated.